Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A busy week

On the weekend, I finally planted my spring bulbs (thanks to K and P for a whole bunch from their garden). I did most of them during the biggest wind storm of the season...the dirt and the bulbs were blowing away. But perserverance paid off and I'm hoping the spring will bring flowers that made it worthwhile.

On Sunday evening, G's parents visited and stayed overnight. F had a great time playing with Nana and Papa. She asked Nana to put her to bed (which meant it dragged out quite awhile), and she even gave Papa a big hug goodnight. Much progress on that front!

And, on the milestone front, F finally reached 40 lbs! This of course means that she no longer needs a car seat which is probably something G and I are happier about than her. Yesterday, she got to ride in the van for the first time using the adult seat belt. She was just beaming! The best part was when we got home and she unbuckled herself and as already out of her seat by the time I walked around to get her out. She had on a devilish, "independence" grin. I guess it's only a short time from no car seat to driver's license.

No comments:

Post a Comment