Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bigger and bigger

Tomorrow I hit 26 weeks, and I'm just getting bigger and bigger. Or rather, my stomach just keeps getting bigger and bigger...Yesterday I had another ultrasound to check on the position and growth of the baby.

First off, this one is definitely a boy. As I was watching the screen, he was cooperative enough to flash the ultrasound tech and I. That was about all the cooperating he did as he did not like getting poked and spent the better part of 45 minutes kicking like a horse. (He does a lot more kicking than Faith ever did.) He is also not cooperating in his position. He's decided to stay in the breech position, which explains why my ribs have been killing me. His little head is pushing up, up, up.

And, he is a very big boy...about 1 kg or 2.2 lbs right now. This in the 80th percentile according to the dr. Woohoo. Already a high achiever. :)

This morning Faith and I were eating breakfast when I showed her where the baby's head is sitting. I gave him a little poke and then he kicked me. Faith looked at me very seriously and said, "Mom. You shouldn't push the baby in the head." Sure, he can kick me in the cervix all day long, but I can't give him a little poke now and then.

Tonight I told her that we have to talk to the baby and tell him to turn around so he's facing head down. I explained that if he stays in the current position I have to have an operation to get the baby out.

Normally, when I put her to bed, we have a ritual of her saying goodnight to my tummy. Tonight, instead of her normal "goodnight baby", she said, "Turn around baby. My mommy's already had an operation and she doesn't need another one."

You got that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment