Monday, February 26, 2007

Your first month home

To Blake:

I took this picture of you when you were one month old, doing what you like to do best--sleep. Unfortunately, you don't like to sleep for very long periods as eating is the other thing you like to do best. Your best sleep of the day is from about 6:00 am to 9:00 am. But, we're working on this. Just last night you slept from 10:15 to 1:00 am!

So far, your best talent is making various loud noises, including groans, grunts, and toots. Hence, your nickname is Grumpy McTooty (or Grumpy McFarty is Faith isn't around). Your other big talent is bopping your head around...I can't believe how much you want to look around when you are awake.

Your sister is constantly hugging you, kissing you, and holding you. She's also started making you bracelets and crowns. Hopefully you will still like the hugs and kisses when you're older and forgive the "dress-up" aspects of her fascination with you. Her new excuse for not liking school is "I don't get to see Blake enough."


You still have to be patient with me as I have yet to figure out how to change your diaper without having you pee all over the place. So far, you've peed in your face and on your hair (much to the delight of Faith). Your dad has no problem with this...I'm assuming it's because he's more familiar with the equipment.

You've definitely fit right in to our family...I'd forgotten what it was like to have a newborn in the house. The sleeplessness, the diapers, the distinct newborn cry...the super-soft hair and skin, the fascination with all your little facial expressions, the surprise of seeing your eyes open for more than a few minutes. We all can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment