Saturday, February 02, 2008

Cold season

It's been a week of colds at our house. Blake had croup at the beginning of the week. Croup is nature's way of reminding us that viruses are truly evil creatures with a bad sense of humour. I mean any illness that is at its worst at night, and requires that you take the child out into the cold to relieve its symptoms, is pretty much a cosmic laugh in the face for any parent. Luckily Blake had a milder version so he sounded awful but we didn't have to stand on the porch with him. He did get to sleep with us for a night so we could keep an eye on his breathing and I learned why he is never in the same place in the crib two nights in a row. I swear that boy exercises in his sleep.

Then, in the spirit of sharing, Faith and I got the cold version of his croup. Thursday night at 2:00 am Faith came into our room with a stuffed up head so I rolled out of bed to give her some Dimetapp. As I was tucking her back in, I asked about any other aches and pains.

"Does your head hurt?"

"Sort of"

"Why?"

"I ran into your door."

I know I shouldn't have laughed, but sometimes you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment