
Well, life is gotten more interesting the older you get. You're not a baby anymore and have moved into toddlerhood with both feet. And those feet carry you anywhere you can get to. Not only have you become an avid walker, but you have also become an avid climber. You can climb the back of the couch, onto your play table, onto the ottoman by using any small box left lying around, onto the top of your stand-up piano!!, into the bathtub, into ....you get the idea. Basically you're a walking trip to the emergency room, waiting to happen.
You are learning new things now at an amazing rate. You can paint and draw with crayons (and you only eat the paint sometimes), and you have even done a little cooking. Today you helped stir the pumpkin bread mixture, and it miraculously didn't end up on the floor.

You're also picking up language so quickly that I can't keep up. We had your "one year" infant development assessment on March 7th. This involved lots of questions about language that I couldn't answer. Does he say Ca, Ta? How many words does he know? Can he say uh-oh? Does he nod yes? I felt like I was the one being examined! So, after I assured her that you didn't do these things, I decided to test you out at home.
And, what do you know, you can say Ca and Ta. And you do say uh-oh...actually you say it all the time now...usually just before you drop your cup on the floor! And you can nod Yes to pretty much any question. Sometimes you even nods yes just to see what it feels like to get that slightly dizzy feeling from moving your head too fast. And, this weekend you said "Kitty"!
You turned from slightly behind to boy genius in a couple of days. It's amazing what happens when your mother is actually paying attention.

One major event for you this month was, hopefully, the biggest snowfall you'll see in your lifetime. Actually, we've had the largest snowfall in one winter in 86 years. And, we had about 16 inches of snow on March 8th. The next day, you and Faith got to experience the huge snowbanks around our house, and you proved that yes, you can walk in your snowsuit.
What you like best, however, is eating snow. Daddy taught you this. Now, when I sit you down in the snow, you bend over at the waist like a piece of paper and lick the snow. I have to be vigilant about where you sit.
Food is still one of your favourite pastimes, and you eat pretty much anything. Of course, a few oatmeal chocolate cookies provides not only a yummy treat, but an opportunity to make a big mess. Bonus! You've also learned that if you put cheese in your mouth, then squeeze it out into your hand, that it gives a new and interesting texture that you can then smear on the floor. Yippee.

I still wish I had a quarter of your energy, even if it means going to be at 7:00 each night. I get tired just watching / chasing you. But the best times are when you're wiggling around in my arms and giving me wet sloppy kisses on the cheek. It's gross and endearing at the same time, plus slightly dangerous as you like to bite now. But, I'll brave the threat of your eight, sharp little teeth for a kiss any day.
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment