Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blake's 18th month

To Blake:

We have entered a whole new era now. The chairs are laying on the floor around the kitchen table. Any time one gets left upright, you're immediately on it. I just caught you literally trying to jump from a chair that was just a little too far from the table for you to easily make the transfer.


And, you've discovered that you can THROW things...anything, everything. In church on Sunday (a whole adventure in itself), he was playing with a purple plastic lid when suddenly his arm went up and he whipped it, baseball player style, down the pew and into the center aisle. Hello!

You are also turning into a chatter box. Cookie, cracker, cheese, milk (a theme is developing here), doggy, kitty, duck, Faith, Karen, hat, and many more. Yet, this doesn't stop you from grunting and pointing either. We're working on this. You're also using some sentences.

Me: "Who made this mess?"
You: "I did it."

At least you're honest.

You have developed a newfound love of the water. At the cottage on the long weekend you walked in and out and in and out of FREEZING COLD Lake Huron water. Even when you did a face plant, it didn't stop you. In our own backyard, you love to splash in the mud puddle at the back of the yard. Of course, when you bed over to slurp up the puddle water like a little puppy, that's when it gets gross.

You are also a good locator now too. Daddy asked you where you hid the clicker and you trotted off into the bedroom only to come back with the remote control. Today at Karen's house, they asked where Oliver's soother is (just talking aloud really) and you walked over to the pile of toys and pulled out the soother....as if to say "Voila!"

And, strangely enough, you've started sitting on the potty. Whenever I hit the bathroom, you insist on having your turn, no diaper on, sitting on the potty. Mostly this is because you like to take the toilet paper and "wipe your bum", but we may get luckly one day and you'll actually go. Although, frankly, I'm not quite sure how to get you to sit so I won't get hit in the eye with a stream of pee once you do let loose. This may be a learning experience for both of us.

Yes, you are a daily adventure. Mostly I'm wondering when you'll either get stitches or break our leg. As long as it isn't both at once I'll be somewhat relieved.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment