Faith ventured off to the world of grade 2 this morning, full of all the fears that naturally befall her quiet demeanor. (I'll have to say my name in class! In front of EVERYONE!)For the first time, I didn't drop her off for the first day. George got the pleasure this time, and was generally appalled by the mob scene at the primary school door. This is, in fact, normal, as I think families recruit extra relatives to drop off their kids for the first day of school.
Faith was her normal quiet, sober self entering school. She told me that she tried not to cry when Dad left, but she had one tear come down her cheek. (Sniff.)
But, the rest of the day went very well. The grade ones in her split 1/2 class are "learning how to be quiet". And, she wants to do harder work. She's also very excited that she gets to do four days of French this year including counting to 100 en francais. The best part apparently, was recess in which her friends came and found her to play with. This was her big fear the night before, that no one would play with her at recess. (Sniff.)
I swear that school is just another way of reliving all the angst of your own school years, only this time squeezed through the eyes of your kids.
But, all in all, we were pretty happy with how the first day turned out, and Faith celebrated with a new webkinz, and a trip to McDonald's.
Oh, all you'll note that Faith is wearing a nice sweater from her Uncle Duncan. It was chilly this morning, but about 28 degrees C when I picked her up. Yes, the first week of school has turned into summer around here.

No comments:
Post a Comment