To Blake,
It continues to be an adventure. The last couple of months have been a little busy around here. We're finishing the basement and we spent a couple of weeks in Florida, plus getting ready for Christmas.
You are a funny little person. Lately your language skills are taking another quantum leap forward. Yesterday you learned how to say "disgusting" and "gross" (you were doing a food experiment with Faith at the time). You can also say "shoot" on a dime...any time I drop something, forget something, break something...you get the idea. I can only be thankful it's "shoot" and not "shit". (And, no, this isn't an invitation for his grampa to teach him how to say "shit" for Christmas. I will not consider this a present from Santa.)
Your favourite game for some time now is "I got ya". Whenever I need to change your clothes, your diaper, and take you to bed, you plant two feet on the ground, bend your knees slightly, grin and say "I got ya". Then you run. Fast. Usually in circles. Normally, I find this funny, but wrestling you to the ground to get your PJs on at the end of the day gets a little tiring by the end of the week.
You've also learned how to tickle people. Your little fingers dance across your sister's tummy, making all of us laugh together.
Speaking of dancing, this now officially a tradition in our house. We listen to the IPod and you do your mini-verson of the white man dance...bopping your head and arms up and down in semi-rhythm to the music. You like to "move it, move it".
Perfecting your techniques for annoying the hell out of your sister has been another recent pastime. You've advanced from hairpulling to hitting, screaming, writing on her papers, and the occasional biting. Yippee. It's hard to convince Faith that her screams are just the reaction that you're looking for. And, damn, but you've got the innocent look down pat.
So, mr. mischievious, I can't wait to see what the fun times of Christmas will bring. You've already been caught trying to open a present that was sitting under a tree. Upon being found out, you immediately tossed the gift behind your back and took off like nothing had happened. I'm sure you'll get better at hiding these things...can't wait.
Love,
Mommy
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
New comments are not allowed.