Last week I had my annual physical. Not usually a noteworthy experience, but this time was different for a few reasons.
1) My weight on the doctor's scale was lower than the weight on my home scale. Woohoo!
2) I had the best blood pressure ever! (120 over 60)
3) I grew an inch and a half.
Yes...according to the doctor's nurse, I am now 64 1/2 inches tall (5'4 1/2"). Considering that I've been 5'3" (ok...5' 2/3") since I've been about 13, this was quite a revelation to me. I did point this out to the nurse, that maybe her chart was a bit off. But, she just responded, "Well, you're 64 1/2 here." (This leaves me in some doubt about the first two items in my above list.)
On the plus side, I had a great BMI when the doctor came in to look at the chart. And, I could fantasize for just a little while that I actually was taller. What could I reach now in my kitchen cupboards? Mmmmmm...
But, when I got home, I whipped out the tape measure and sure enough, the extra inch and a half was gone. Sigh.
Monday, April 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment