We make a lot of egg salad at our house. George and I love a good egg salad sandwich, Faith eats it too, and Blake likes to crack the eggs (although he prefers to eat the whole egg instead of the mushed up bits). So it's the perfect food...you get to play, then eat. We've always just made egg salad with whatever was lying around. And sometimes, it's just mushed up egg and mayo when we're feeling particularly lazy.
So, when someone at work asked me if I had a recipe for egg salad, I was actually surprised. Recipe? For egg salad? Why? Don't you just boil, cool, peel, mush? Perhaps chop up some celery, maybe a little green onion? I like a bit of relish and pepper. Whatever. I'd never even thought about looking up a recipe.
I think that this is another illustration of how different people view the world--some people need recipes, others wing it. I took one of those "personality" test things on the internet for fun, and one of my characteristics was "creative". But, I've never really thought of myself this way. Analytical yes, but not creative. But, maybe my egg salad "non-recipe" is one example of my "creativity". I'm not sure how this meshes with my control-freak nature though...a balancing act I think.
Either way, it leads to good egg salad.
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment