Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Stills: Flowers/Wildflowers

Despite spending most of the week either nursing someone in my family back to health, or sick in bed myself, I was able to take pictures of flowers for Sunday Stills.

Pink flowering bush

As usual, I don't know the name of the flower (azalea?). It's been just outside my front door since we moved into our house seven years ago, and it's grown about 10 inches in that whole time. When I first saw it, the bush was in pretty bad shape, so I cut it way back and hoped that it would survive. Somehow it did and I enjoy seeing the delicate pink flowers every spring.

This next once was a transplant from our old house, and my mom gave me the original bulbs. It's called an anemone and only opens in sunlight. And, yes, it is this blindingly white.

May 16, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment