Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Stills: Glass

This week's challenge was Glass, but the bigger challenge was actually finding time to take pictures of it, then get them processed. It was a long weekend, which included the fair and horse show, plus the first week of school. Busy. Busy. So I took some liberties interpreting this one.

This first one is taken on Friday morning, at about 7:00 am as I pulled into the Tim Horton's parking lot.  I grabbed my cellphone when I saw this guy parked there, obviously getting a coffee before work. I liked how the glass in the windows was dripping with morning dew, and the sheer amount of junk you could see collected through the bottom of the window.
September 10, 2010

Next one is from my cameraphone on the way out to dinner on Friday night with George. We drove over to the next city to meet a very nice couple of supper at a golf course. The clouds were amazing that night (even though I blew out the backgroud...it's a cameraphone, after all.)

On our way to dinner

And, to pull one from the archives, here's one of my favourites of the year, taken in April:

April 16, 2010

5 comments:

  1. Well done- seize the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool teacup. Great composition on it. I do like the backhoe though as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Oh wow! Double reflections on the car mirror. I LOVE it! The clouds look great.

    The dew on the tractor windows - what a creative way to see glass. I reckon it's a great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all of the shots you chose. The green grass with the cup and saucer is really nice, love the rear view mirror capture too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:56 AM

    wow, the tea cup is really gorgeous, great composition. well done!!

    ReplyDelete