Saturday, September 23, 2006

Discovering hell...

I have discovered hell, and it's having a cold when you're pregnant. The only medicine you can take is Tylenol, which we all know is soooo effective against a stuffed up nose. This meant I was off work for 2 1/2 days this week, and missed Faith's field trip to a cider mill. I'm finally recovered/ing and am just down to a cough now.

On Monday, I had my second OB appointment. This time I got a very nice intern. So, I've gained 4 lbs, have slightly elevated blood pressure (although he's not worried about it and neither am I as I have white coat syndrome), and the baby was so uncooperative that she couldn't get a heart rate. She'd catch the kid for a few seconds and then the baby would move away. This one is very active compared with Faith.

Monday night I started getting the cold, so I was out of commission for Tuesday evening when Faith went to her first Sparks meeting (pre-Brownies). She was very excited when she came home. "I get to go in a parade and sell coooookies!" I'm not sure why selling cookies is so exciting to a five year old. Actually, she gets to go in two parades...Remembrance Day and Santa Claus. And, she has a field trip to Toronto planned, as well as a New Year's Sleepover but not on New Year's. So, Sparks so far sounds like a good investment (not a cheap activity!).

We survived the rest of the week. And today we're going to my 10-year class reunion for university. (I think this means I'm getting old. :) It's homecoming football day, so we're going with friends and hoping not to get rained on. George, of course, thinks I'm crazy as I'm still coughing, but your 10 year reunion only happens once!

No comments:

Post a Comment