Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Catching up....

OK...now that I'm starting to feel somewhat normal again, I may actually be able to keep up with my blogging now. :)

Faith started her first day of senior kindergarten today. It was just 5 kids for today and then she starts in every day next week. It went pretty well. The parents got to stick around for the first 20 minutes or so, which meant she didn't say too much. Luckily she knew a couple of the kids, so this helped. She told me that she cried after I left, but I'm not sure I believed this as she was fine when I left the room. She was happy when I picked her up, and she said that she liked her teacher. I, on the other hand, have more homework to do than I had on a bad night in university. I have a packet of papers to read, fill out, and return. The pressure!

It was actually a pretty crazy weekend for us. Faith was sick on Friday...and the germs leaped to George and I. Luckily it was a quick thing. Saturday night, Duncan visited with his girlfriend, Deanna. This was the first time we met, but we'd had previous glowing reports from the parents. And, yes, she lived up to them! :)

Sunday was dinner with Paul and Kim and the kids. This meant that Ava and Faith went off and played for three hours and we basically had to monitor the squeals.

Monday was a playdate with our old baby sitter and kids, and a visit with an old co-workers kids. Tuesday was the first day of school, a doctor's appointment for Faith (including 2 needles!), and a little shopping for me so i can leave the house in something that does not resemble a tent.

So...essentially we're all exhausted and now I have to go back to work. Uggh. And, of course, my morning sickness has decided to come back during the last couple of days! This is supposed to be over with and now I can just gestate and get bigger!

Oh well. On the plus side, I think I actually felt the baby last night for the first time. Of course, it was at 3:30 am when I couldn't sleep, but at least it was something to think about through the insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment