Saturday, October 14, 2006

First baby pictures


Here's the first pictures of the baby, at 20 weeks. I had the ultrasound yesterday morning. The best part, aside from when they said I could pee, was seeing the baby moving around onscreen. I couldn't believe how active he was, and that I couldn't feel all that activity. Sure, I felt some of it, but at one point he moved from his front to his back and I didn't feel it at all!

And, yes, the Ultrasound tech let me know that the baby is likely a boy. It's not 100%, but apparently she saw the penis...or something that looked suspiciously like one. :)

George and I told Faith when we got home that night. When I told her the baby was a boy, she got a big smile on her face, so I think that's a good sign.
Although, she then went on to point out that sometimes they make mistakes and that it could still be a girl.

Later on, while we were sitting on our bed after her bath, I was braiding her hair. As I was doing this, I heard her whispering over and over, "Be a girl. Be a girl. Be a girl." When I asked what she was saying, she just smiled and said, "Nothing."

Good thing she has a few months to get used to the idea that she will be having a baby brother.


To translate the pictures
  • the first is a shot of the baby's spine
  • the second is the baby's feet
  • the third is a face-on view
  • the fourth is a side view

No comments:

Post a Comment