Saturday, December 30, 2006

Dr's appointments

The last two days held dr's appointments for Faith and I. Faith saw our family doc on Thursday morning as a follow-up check on her diagnosis of pneumonia last week. Yes, pneumonia. She is fine now, other than a lingering cough, but the week before Christmas was really interesting. I got a kidney stone on Monday night and we found out Faith had pneumonia on Tuesday. This was a great double-whammy of sick women in the house for George, but luckily my mom came up for a few days to help us out, and then George's parents arrived a day early to spell her off. (Having family to help out is a huge bonus.)

My doctor's appointment was with my OB yesterday to do the normal check on the baby and get the results from my most recent ultrasound. All good news. My blood pressure is down (thanks to being off work I suspect), my ultrasound showed NO MORE KIDNEY STONES!, the baby weighs about 3.3 lbs and his head down, and the OB thinks I'll get to about 35 weeks before I have junior b. And the best part...I had only gained 2.5 lbs since my last visit! And that's with plenty of Christmas gorging!

Oh yes, and if anyone is ever interested, kidney stones are worse than labour. First off, intense, sudden pain, second, you "give birth" to a kidney stone and not a warm, snuggly baby. I was very happy to hear that I don't need to expect any more of those suckers. I don't want another midnight trip the hospital! (Well I can handle it if it's a baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment