Sunday, December 10, 2006

A new dresser

We have been busily getting the baby's room ready the last couple of weeks. Mom helpfully painted the room for us...a boy color called Camouflage. (OK, really just another shade of tan.) Faith actually helped quite a bit with the painting too. I painted the change table top that Paul built for us the same color so everything coordinates.

Part of the getting the room ready means switching Faith's dresser over to the baby's room (the change table goes on top of it), and giving her a new dresser. Mom and Dad have about 20 dressers at their house, so they sacrificed one for us. Mom found a small, three drawer dresser in one of her closets that's a perfect fit for kid. The only problem is that it needed a coat of paint.

So, we painted it white, and then Faith picked out "Sweet Taffy" pink for the dresser drawers. Faith helped paint it yesterday and as we were painting she noticed that part of the wood is split on the bottom of one side. She pointed this out to me and then said, "Gramma gave me this dresser because it's broken!"

I explained that Gramma gave us the dresser because she knew it was the right size and that the drawers open easily (unlike her current one), and that we could paint it to match her room. She seemed satisfied with this.

The next day we watched Cordelia and William (Rob threw his back out and Karen was working). Faith brought Cordelia down to see her dresser just as I was finishing the second coat. As I was painting, I heard Faith lean over to Cordelia and whisper, "My gramma gave me a broken dresser." OK. So maybe she's not over this yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment