Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dragonfly along for the ride

Karen took this great photo of Blake and I at the lake. Blake was experiencing his first taste of swimming when a dragonfly landed on my thumb. The perfect cottage experience actually. :)

Blake loved the water, but only when his feet were squishing in the sandy bottom. When I lifted him up to float around he was not too keen on this. The temperature of the water may have had something to do with this too...a little chilly for his little body.

The cottage trip itself was our second one with the Rob and Karen and it was tonnes o' fun. George performed an intervention with Rob and plied him with beer and bbq for the weekend. (Rob's been on a new eating regime and successfully lost a bunch of weight, but it involves NO DRINKING. So, he took a holiday from the regime on his holiday.) The kids enjoyed the lake and the campfires. Karen and I enjoyed a good bottle of Strawberry wine (sweet but good) and scrabble.

Relaxing and fun.

No comments: