Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A big step for Blake


All boxed up
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
Yesterday, January 8th, Blake took his first step! Faith and I have been practicing with him so he takes turns walking to one of us while the other "spots" him. Until yesterday, we had just gotten him to stand by himself, but he always knelt down when he actually wanted to move towards one of us.

Not yesterday though. It was my first day back to work yesterday, which went well, and the kids and I were just hanging out after supper waiting for George to come home when Faith and I tried our walking "coaching" with Blake. To our huge surprise, when Faith let go of him, he took a step towards me! Yippee! Of course, he hasn't done it since, but it's only the beginning.

I have no idea why we want him to walk as it only means he can get into more things. Today he tried to climb up our bookcase upstairs...twice! In all the years we owned it, Faith never tried to climb the thing once. Blake got near it for the first time today and immediately found a foothold. I shudder to think what he would do if we left him alone with Uncle Duncan for a weekend trip. Duncan would have him climbing boulders in a couple of days!

No comments: