Thursday, May 29, 2008

The first haircut

Blake had his first haircut today. It was getting just a little crazy. The curls were very cute, but he was mistaken for a girl for the first time a couple weeks ago. I'd said all along that would be when I got his haircut, so, with much trepidation, we went to the salon today. All the moms at school were "ahhing" about cutting off the curls, but it has to be done sometime.

I figured it was going to a loud and wiggly experience, but the kid totally surprised me. I sat him up in the chair and he just sat there the whole time with a look on his like "what the hell is going on?" and "who thought this was a good idea?" and "why the hell are you squirting that water at me?" and "when the hell can I get out of here?"

He did get through his whole haircut with a very serious look on his face, and then he started to cry when I took him out of the seat. A sort of after the fact, "I really didn't like that Mom!"

But now he looks less like an urchin, and he still has lots of curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment