I let Blake play in the downstairs bathroom sink quite a bit. He splashes around and gets the bathroom wet, but it keeps him amused while I'm making dinner. Yes...I need two hands to cut vegetables, which he doesn't quite understand.
Today, my wet babysitting plan went a little off course though. Blake took me to the bathroom to show me the pink-striped sock (Faith's) that he had decided to throw in the toilet. Great. I grabbed a plastic bag to fish it out, but, of course, Faith had to see the excitement first. After the inspection, I was ready to grab the sock, but then had a brilliant parenting idea.
"Faith, I'll give you $2.00 to get the sock out of the toilet."
"$2 bucks? OK!"
And, just like that, she grabbed the plastic bag, and de-sockified the toilet. While smiling!
"Two dollars please!"
Best two bucks I ever spent.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment