Thursday, March 26, 2009

Car conversations - part 1

I always find that Faith and I have the most interesting conversations in the car. Like for instance, the one over March Break we had on the way to her cousin's house. It was THE conversation, and it started something like, "----- said you have to have sex to have a baby? Is that true?"

Yes...the "how are babies made" one, but this time with details that I glossed over when she was four. Well, she's almost eight now, and she loves non-fiction, so details is what she wants. Like where is this egg? What is sperm? How does the sperm get to the egg?

It actually wasn't bad at all. I tried to explain things simply, with the correct terminology, and I thought I did a pretty good job, until the end of the conversation.

"Mom, I just don't get it."

And, you know, I'm OK with that...for now.

BTW...when I told George about this is reaction? He laughed and said, "Glad it was you and not me." He's totally taking the hit when it's Blake's turn. Blake should be easier anyway. He was sitting in the carseat next to Faith just taking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment