Sunday, March 15, 2009

Solving the housework problem?

I had a very surreal experience this evening. After supper, Faith asked to do some crafts out of a book she got for Christmas. I said, yes, but that we had to clean up the kitchen from supper beforehand. Normally, this elicits one of two reactions: "Aww mom!" or "I'm going up to my room."

Tonight, she cleared off the dishes from the kitchen table, WIPED the table down, SWEPT the floor (the whole floor, not just under the table), tidied up all the newspapers in the living room, picked up all the toys and put them away (her brother's toys...not hers!), and VACUUMED the living room rug. She ran out of steam before washing the floor but she did have the mop out.

I felt like I'd entered the Twilight Zone, and spent most of this time trying not to stare. I can only hope and pray that this will somehow happen again and have been frantically trying to figure out what key circumstances led to this housework frenzy in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment