Friday, December 11, 2009

Playing in the snow


Playing in the snow
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
After three days of snow, it now looks like December in Canada. And, I understand why my in-laws live in Florida.

The kids, however, love the snow. So, I've been a model citizen the last couple of days and trudged over to the school in my snowpants, dragging a sled, to pick up the kids. This, however, is what I dislike most about winter...the inconvenience! In the spring, I can drop the car at the house, throw my keys in my pocket, and run over to the school. At most, I may have to grab an umbrella, but pretty simple.

In the winter, I have to pull on snow pants, a hat, mitts, my warm coat, grab the sled, zip the keys in my pocket so I don't lose them in the snow, pull up my hood, trudge, trudge, trudge through snowdrifts, fight wind, watch for ice...ugh.

Blake and Faith have loved the arrival of winter though. After I pull Blake home on the sled, with Faith helping me, we've been playing outside. (This is my devious plot to get the kids to help shovel the driveway.)

But, I still have to ask, when is this winter thing supposed to end anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment