Olympic fever reached a pitch on the weekend as we watch two final gold medal curling games, and, of course, the greatest hockey game in the history of Canada. (No, I was not born in 72, so I'm claiming this one.)
We had friends over to watch the game and enjoy the spirit of the occasion (i.e. beer, wings, wine, chips). Luckily, the kids were all outside building a monster snow fort when the US tied it up with 24 seconds left. They would have learned a few new vocabulary words.
I couldn't actually watch the overtime -- too much stress-- so I just listened until Crosby scored THE GOAL. Let the celebrations begin! (Although, Karen pointed out that the men should have a tea party at center ice, just to make a point.)
The Vancouver Olympics were amazing in all kinds of ways. In our house the highlights and low points:
> Explaining luge, and that someone died on the track to Faith
> Watching a stunning opening ceremony -- and rewatching it with Faith
> Listening to everyone cheering for snowboard cross and ski cross (some of it from my deathbed from the stomach flu)
> Watching the death-defying half-pipers with the kids. How did Shaun White do that?
> Virtue and Moir winning ice dance. Breathtaking, and athletic.
> Trying to figure out why Jeannie Becker and Brian Mulroney were talking about sports. What the?
> Curling!
> Cross-country skiing - I love a sport where they go until they collapse from sheer exhaustion.
> HOCKEY!! GOLD!! x2
> Watching the closing ceremonies with Faith -- explaining all the bands/singers to Faith. She's making a list of what she wants on her IPod.
What will we do now with all this free time? I guess it's back to the Family Channel (don't ask!).
Monday, March 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment