Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sunday Stills: Rust

 I love taking pictures of old things, so this week's Sunday Stills, Rust, had me excited (sad but true) I picked up the camera on our way to Faith's horseback riding lesson and trolled around the farm a bit to find some suitable subjects. Here's what I came up with.

The tongue on a wagon - no idea what the numbers mean...

Rust series

The back of an old freezer:

Rust series

An old chain:

Rust series

The jack holding up the wagon:

Rust series

12 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the perspective on the chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, great texture on the chains..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21 AM

    All great shots, but the liked the "back of the freezer" best. Very artistic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Those are great pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! The 2nd and 3rd shots were my favorite. Lots of great texture on the old freezer. Cool!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. The freezer looks great and I like the last shot of the chain with the jack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done; I like the back of the freezer too, and the wagon tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I like the chains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great eye for composition! I couldn't pick a favorite I loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the kind comments! My favourite of the bunch is the second last one - the close-up of the chain. I like the contrast between the chain the green in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots! I like the wagon tongue as well!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice shots! Love the back of the freezer and the focus on the chain!

    ReplyDelete