Last night I spent the evening making birthday party invitations for Faith's 5th birthday. She is inviting 6 girls from school and/or daycare to a princess party. There is nothing like wading into the social minefield of kids' birthday parties. Who to invite, who not to invite, etc. etc. etc. It's in two weeks, so we'll see how it goes.
Today, I kept Faith home for the morning so we could both hit the doctor. I have red eyes again and a sore throat so I was suspicious that we might have the whole pink eye/strep throat thing again. Not something we want to repeat. According to the doctor, however, we have something viral and it will just go away on its own. Yippee.
While we were waiting to go to the doctor, Faith was sitting at the coffee table coloring when she exclaimed, "Look at all the chocolate Daddy ate without me!" George has been doing tax returns on the couch and nibbling away at Easter chocolate. Last night he left the evidence of his actitivies in the form of many crumpled, shiny wrappers sitting on the coffee table. Faith didn't care he was eating her chocolate, just that she missed out on the action. A lesson: never leave incriminating evidence!
At supper time, Faith and I were talking and I had forgotten to turn off the news. The last time this happened it was on City TV and the show "Fashion Television" came on. Faith was quite excited that people were "showing their privates" on TV. George and I clued in after glancing over at the TV and getting an eyeful of see-through shirts walking down the runway. Great.
Tonight, she said that she wanted to see the people showing their privates on TV again. I, of course, asked why.
"Because it was funny and rude," she replied.
The entire fashion industry summed up by a four-year-old.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment