Faith has really been working on her reading the last couple of weeks. Today she reminded me to get out all of her fall books for Thanksgiving and Halloween. After school, she practiced reading her Thanksgiving book next to the patio window. Note the concentration in her look.
Before the reading, we went to Tim's for a smile cookie. All the proceeds go to a local charity this week, so it seemed like a good idea. But, we both decided that the cookies were just a little too sweet. We needed a big glass of milk to go with them, but as we had to stop at the bank before we headed home, we had to make do with stale water in the car. (Yes, I always keep a half empty water bottle in the car for that possible emergency...stuck in a ditch for a week with only a Baby Mum Mum and a cup of water kind of thing.)
The bank trip was a story in itself. I wanted to be able to see Faith's bank account through my internet banking. So, I stopped by the branch this morning to get her added to my site. Imagine my surprise when they told me that because the account was in her name only, they would need her permission to add me to the account so I could see it. I proceeded to inform them that she was 6 years old and that this was ridiculous. The response, "because of the privacy act we can't" was like one of those bureaucractic responses I'd expect from the government...oh...and a bank.
So, after our Tim's trip, I stopped at the bank with Faith. I explained to her before we arrived that she needed to be there so I could see her account information. Her facial expression was something like, "huh?"
When we got there, I was waiting for them to ask her something about letting me see the account. But, apparently her mere presence with me was permission enough.
When I explained why we were there to the bank rep, Faith's response was, "Why can't the adults just do this?"
So right.
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
New comments are not allowed.