Every time I change Blake now, it turns into a wrestling match. But, today it turned into a game of tag.
As mentioned previously, he does not like to lay back and enjoy having his bum changed. This eats into the precious time he spends crawling around the house looking for new pieces of debris to eat or cupboard doorknobs to lick. George pins him to the ground when he changes the diaper, which strangely Blake doesn't seem to mind from him. It must be a guy thing. But for me, I haven't quite gotten to that point and Blake knows it. Once I have him laying on his back with the diaper off, he does a nice little flip and crawls away. So, I can get the diaper off and, one, two three, a naked bum is streaking away across the living room.
Today, Blake figured out that this is a fun trick to play on mommy. So, he crawled as fast as he could (which is actually darn fast) around the end of the couch laughing as I scrambled rather inelegantly across the floor to grab him, thinking the whole time, "Please don't pee on the new carpet." When I finally caught him, he squealed with delight and all I could think was, "Oh crap!" The game is afoot, as they say, and this time it's in the form of a semi-nude baby crawling madly around my house in an effort to escape a new diaper. I can only hope he'll tire of this soon, but this hope seems faint at best.
At least he hasn't figured out how to take the diapers off themselves yet. That will had a whole new level of difficulty.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment