Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Blake's first tooth


Blake's first tooth
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
After being cranky for a few days and drooling even more so than usual, I hoped something was finally happening in the tooth department. Luckily he's crawling now, so he can replace some crankiness with exploring the house, and it also helps that he wipes up the drool as he goes with his knees.

Anyway, Blake had the best naps of his life today, although I didn't think that meant anything until I was getting him ready for his bath. I saw a peek of white on his gum and felt the sharp little point of his tooth breaking through. His first tooth!

George was out dropping Faith off at Sparks, so he heard the news as soon as he got home.

When I picked up Faith later, I contemplated waiting until morning to tell her, as I knew she would want to see it and Blake was already asleep. But, I decided to tell her anyway. The first thing she said was, "No more boob for him."

She does know how to get to the point.

Anyway, I took this picture to commemorate the event...I didn't even try to get him to open his mouth to show us the tooth. But it does show off his eyelashes quite well. :)

No comments: