Monday, April 21, 2008

The "f" word

Faith's been playing with our across-the-street neighbour quite a bit since the weather has turned summer-like here. She has a trampoline, which is a kid-magnet, so the girls often plan to get together after school for a jumping marathon.

Today, she stayed over there for an hour or so while I got groceries with Blake. When I got back, I was chatting with E's mom, asking what every mom wants to know, "Was she well-behaved?"

Turns out all went well, although she mentioned that they were talking about the "f" word. As I picked my embarrassed jaw off the floor, I remembered that Faith and Cordelia were talking about this in the back of our van yesterday. Apparently, Cordelia had seen the "f" word spraypainted somewhere.

Faith: "What is it? I want to know."
Cordelia: "I can't say it or I'll get in trouble."
Me: "Don't even think about it."

So, my neighbour had to find out from Faith was she thought the "f" word was.
Faith whispered, "It's 'freakin'."

OK....that could have been much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment