Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 5 - it's finished!


Day 5 - it's finished!
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
Brian and his crew were just finishing up this afternoon when I got home. I surprised them in the middle of "staging". All I can say is Woohoo!

As a special treat, Brian and Josh made us a little table out of the cedar scraps, topped with some very nice tile. It's very lovely and was totally unexpected. It will provide a convenient spot many glasses of wine, and juice boxes too.

I took this picture of the final product this afternoon, in between storm clouds. This pretty much sums up the week they had to work outside, and our summer in general---cloudy with a hint of sun. But, at least you can see the shadow cast by the cross-pieces on top of the pergola.

The next project is outdoor curtains for the pergola. It just needs to stay sunny long enough for me to figure out where to put them for maximum shade effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment