Thursday, July 16, 2009

Indoor wildlife

George was watching TV on Sunday evening, after all the kids were in bed, and the house was peaceful. Then, he saw a teeny little mouse run across the floor, underneath the TV stand. EEEEEEK!

We both tried to shoo the little creature out the patio door (well...George shooed, and I stood on the couch). But no luck.

So, the next day we set some traps. After I tried setting the traps a couple of times, and watching them fly across the room, my Dad took over and put them out for us. These were not "humane" traps...just the standard mouse guillotine. Cheap and effective. I'm not really a proponent of letting vermin free. They just breed and then you've got a bigger problem. I want them DEAD.

Well, the cheap wooden mouse trap was very effective. We caught one the first morning. I am a wimp, however, and George got rid of it. Then, this morning, we caught another one! Again, I'm a wimp. I could hardly look at the trap without a serious case of the heebie jeebies.

So, we'll be setting more and hoping we wipe out this problem soon. EEEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment