Monday, November 30, 2009

Silos by my house...November 30, 2009


November 30, 2009
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
Yes, I'm still taking a picture a day and today's worked out pretty well.
I drive by this farm every day on my way to and from work, and every day I want to take a picture of the silos. They have a black and white top, and a very gray, so they look like a black and white spot on a colored horizon.

Today, the light at 4:00 was amazing, with these great dark clouds, so I bundled the kids in the van and drove two minutes down the road to take the photo. Amazingly, the light stayed perfect so I was able to get some fantastic colors.

When I got back in the van, Faith was suitably embarrassed. "Couldn't you just take the picture from the van? People are going to drive by and think you're crazy?"

"They won't think that."

"The kids will. That's how they think."

Welcome to the tween years.

No comments:

Post a Comment