Monday, January 11, 2010

Brrrrrrr


Watching horseback riding
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
Faith had a make-up lesson on Saturday morning at her riding stable. It was about minus 18 with the windchill that morning, so we all bundled up in a couple of layers of clothes, and I broke out the long johns.

Of course, as soon as we got to the stable, Blake decided he had to go pee. I'm living in a Robert Munsch story. As there's only a plastic portapotty at the stable, and it was minus 18, I tried to encourage him to wait, but to no avail.

So, we braved the ugly green beast. Did you know how many things there are to TOUCH in a portapotty? Things that a three-year-old wants to touch? Gross. I spent the time alternately peeling off layers of his clothes, and yelling, "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" Unzip the coat. Those "pretty rocks" in the urinal? DON'T TOUCH THAT!...and so on.

Anyway, we got down to brass tacks and what happens? "I don't have to pee Mommy." Gah! I believe he felt the cold and decided his manhood was better bundled up. If only he could have decided that four articles of clothing ago.

After this, we watched Faith trot around the ring on Texas, a little pony that's normally slow, but decided to speed up to do a turbo trot to keep warm. Faith stayed on, bareback, though.

Luckily it was a short lesson, so my toes were only partially frozen by the time it was done. Faith's feet, on the other hand, were toasty. Considering how much I just spent on new paddock boots, halfchaps, and thick socks, they'd better be.

I've had a taste of what hockey mom's go through and that was quite enough. Go away winter weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment