Friday, January 22, 2010

That hockey player look...

Blake and Faith have taken to playing in a "boat" in our living room. The boat is our two big easy chairs pushed together, with seat cushions optional. Today, Blake decided to push the chairs slightly apart, and make a bridge from one of the chairs to the other with a seat cushion. As I bent over to grab the cushion and push the chairs back together "for safety", he jumped in an attempt to cross the bridge, and propelled his hard little head into my nose.

I know that they recently released a study saying that swearing helps with pain, but when your three-year-old is standing there, dropping the f-bomb a few times just doesn't seem appropriate. Instead I sat down, quickly, and contemplated the crunching sound I'd just heard the cartilage in my nose make. Yes...it did start bleeding. And, yes, I had to sit on the couch with an ice pack for awhile. When Faith asked what was wrong, I told her that I hurt my nose. Blake piped up with, "You hurt my head mommy!" True, although your head didn't start bleeding, so I win the pain game.

Now, I have this kind of dull throb over my whole upper face, so we'll see if I look like a swollen raccoon tomorrow. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment