Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sunday Stills: Clouds

This week's challenge, Clouds, definitely fits in with my recent preoccupation with clouds. I have too many to put in one post, but here's a sampling.

I took this one as a storm was brewing in the distance while I was waiting for Faith to finish her horseback riding lesson. Getting the "fingers of god" to show up in a picture is always a lighting challenge.

Fingers of god in color

This was the same storm coming in, but earlier. I don't usually like pictures of "just clouds" but I thought the light and shapes were interesting.

20100804-IMG_2315-43-20100804

I took this one while we were visiting a Karen and Rob's cottage. We went to the marina in the morning so the kids could get some 5 cent gummy candies and we could pick up the Globe and Mail. The day was gorgeous.

Clouds over the lake

I like the contrast of the cloud and lonely silo against the blue sky from this shot. I stopped on the side of the road and Blake played around in the grass while I took a few shots.

Lonely silo with clouds

I took this one a couple of months ago, but it's still one of my favourites. I had a polarizing lens on, which helped me pop the colors during processing.

May 4, 2010



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:46 PM

    WOW! These were all terrific shots. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just lovely shots! I like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that last one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first shot is my favorite. What a great challenge this was, everyone got great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures Robin. I love the last one, such depth in the clouds and barn.
    I love polarizing lenses. I use mine all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The first and last were my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real nice shots, I think I like the last one the best, but the choice is not easy. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you captured the light shining through the first cloud photo. Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete