Sunday, October 03, 2010

Sunday Stills: Red & Green

Someone asked me this week what this Sunday Stills thing is all about. Sunday Stills is a blog written by a couple of photographers. Each Sunday, they post a photo challenge. You have one week to get a photo and then post it on the blog the next Sunday.

This week's Sunday Stills challenge is Red and Green. Since it's not Christmas, I thought this one was going to be a giant pain, mostly because I'm only a fan of red and green together at Christmas time. But, then, I looked at the trees around our place, and their brilliant fall colors.

The  kids and I went for a walk Thursday night. The mission: find red leaves. We came home with handful, although by the time we got home it was too dark to get a decent picture. A nice reminder that fall equals shorter days. So, I wrapped them in some waxed paper and put them in the fridge. Crafty, eh? The next day I braved the wind and got a shot of the leaf in our backyard. The kids used the rest for a "craft project".

Red leaf on green grass

1 comment:

  1. Very nice...and very red and green. Good job.

    ReplyDelete