Sunday, December 19, 2010

Missed but not forgotten

George's grandmother passed away at the beginning of the month at the age of 93. We were able to take the kids to see her, and George, and all of Flossie's children were by her side when she died.

Flossie was a very small woman, but that shouldn't have fooled anyone. She was one tough lady who didn't mince words. She is of that generation of women who had wood stoves and did it ALL by hand. When I came into the family scene, what I remember best about her was the way she laughed and the way she played cards. We would sit around George's kitchen table with buckets of pennies (mine borrowed from George) and play for money. This is how I learned to bet on cards (although not very well).

She will be missed by her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchilden.

Memories of Flossie

No comments:

Post a Comment