Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sunday Stills: Best Shot of 2010

The Sunday Stills Challenge this week sounds easy, but... Yes, time to do the year in review and pick the best shot of 2010. I find this one like trying to pick your favourite movie, or your favourite author. It all depends on the genre. Are you talking portrait or still life or landscape? Black and white or color?

So, because it's so hard to pick just one, I put together a set on Flickr of what I thought were my best shots of 2010 (and you'll notice I have a strong preference for portraits). To give you a taste, here are what I thought were the best of the best.

Best Portrait 
...and probably best shot of 2010...of my goddaughter. Shot this outside on a cloudy day with my 55-200mm lens.
April 24, 2010

Best Still Life
This is called a Jacob's Ladder and my mom got it for Blake on our trip to Ireland/England.
March 25, 2010

Best Landscape
This pond is on my way to work...it's surrounding by ugly wires but I managed to get a shot in between that looks quite peaceful.
April 15, 2010

Best Action / Horse Shot
Sydney showing Faith how to work with Indigo.
March 18, 2010

Let me know if you agree or disagree...best shots are really just a matter of preference.

12 comments:

  1. All great, but like the one of your goddaughter best. It's hard to get irises perfect without too much reflection - for me anyway! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first is beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice Love that first and second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shots ARE wonderful!! You have quite an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all. I seriously do. YOu are truly talented.

    And it's really awesome to see Sydney working with Indigo, too. I just made the connection a few days ago when she was sharing some of her favorite Indigo picks. Before that I didn't realize your were the Mama of the lovely Lil' Red riding Indigo :)

    Nicely done,
    ~Lisa

    Happy New Year from New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good but I like the pond best. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of your goddaughter. Hope you printed and framed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Very nice. Your goddaughter is a beautiful girl. But, I'm partial to the landscape shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I can't pick a favourite. My jaw pretty much dropped when I saw these. I've seen some of your shots featured before on Sydney's blog, but these, are truly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for all the very nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done..I do like the first one the best..she is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they are all great shots!

    ReplyDelete