Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Just what to say...

Faith had her "best Sparks meeting ever" last night. They went to a local pizza place and took a "pizza tour". This involved going into the "giant" freezer and seeing how pizza was made from scratch. (She also picked up a good tip about poking holes in the dough before you put it in the oven to prevent the air bubbles that always get into our homemade pizza. Who knew?)

The best part was that they got to make their very own pizza. She informed me that this was a "personal pizza, Mom". Her's was cheese and pepperoni...no sauce of course. I actually had a slice when she came home and it was really good. She's insisting that we go back there to get more pizza soon...she knows which one I should order now.

Anyway, when she went to bed at 8:00 , she was still very keyed up. So, when I went to bed at 8:30 she came into my room saying she couldn't sleep. I let her watch one singer on American Idol and then it was back to bed. A few minutes later she was back again! Uggh. So, I informed her that she had to put herself back to bed. This did not go over well.

Being sleep-deprived myself, I ended up taking her back to bed to circumvent another 10 minutes of arguing. I tucked her in and then went to leave the room, only to hear, "You are the best mom ever." Man, that kid always knows just what to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment