Monday, April 02, 2007

Thank god it wasn't me

On Friday I dropped Faith off at Karen's house for a few hours. I had to sign some paperwork at a lawyer's office and dragging both kids along didn't seem too palatable. So, instead Faith got to hang out with Karen and William and play with Cordelia when she got home from school.

As every parent knows, you're always hoping that your kid behaves at some else's house and doesn't start telling strange stories about how much daddy and mommy love to drink or discussing what color underwear mommy wears. So, when I picked her up, Karen's first comments were about a question that Faith asked her. I thought, "Please...don't let it be embarassing."

So, they were sitting together on the couch playing polly pockets, when Faith says, "I have a question. Where does life come from?"

Faith goes on to say, "I mean...I don't understand it. To me it just seems like magic or something."

At this point I'm thinking two things. One...yippee, it wasn't embarrassing! Two, "Wow...glad you had to field this one and not me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment