Thursday, September 27, 2007

Curly-headed boy on a 30 degree day in September

Tuesday was the hottest day on record for our area...30.3 degrees celcius. Blake's hair had the curls to prove it!

The heat didn't stop him from making a few big strides on Tuesday though. Last week he started crawling (on Tuesday actually). This Tuesday he decided he could sit up from his tummy.

I was changing his diaper with our normal wrestling match. He likes to flip over while you're changing him and crawl away. While this does give me a very nice view of his cute little bum, it doesn't make for easy diaper changes. Anyway, he did this to me on Tuesday morning, then promptly turned back towards me, pushed himself up to sitting and gave me a big grin, as if to say, "Look what I figured out!"

This breakthrough came after a very early morning. Blake woke up at 4:00 with a croupy sound. I brought him into our bedroom so George could hear him. George then left for a couple of minutes to put the humidifier in Blake's room, when he came back Blake was lying happily on the the bed. When he saw George, he said, "Da!" quite clearly.

I'm not sure if this actually qualifies as his first word as he does sound like he says "Hi!" when he sees us. And, he has said "Mama" when he's upset...but I'm stretching here.

Oh yeah, and he's started waving too. He's a boy of many tricks right now.

No comments: