Saturday, July 24, 2010

Faith's horse show

Faith's riding stable held its first horse show of the summer, and this year we were actually in town so Faith could participate. She was a little unsure of the whole thing but once she decided to go for it, she was determined to win some ribbons.

She entered three classes, which I can list out, but have no real clue what the criteria is for "good". I just know that she can control her saucy horse, Nomi, really well. And, that she rides bitless (which Sydney would love).

George, Blake, and I watched all the classes and, for the grandparents, I videotaped two of them. Sorry for the strange clicking noises -- this was me zooming in and out. And, the quality is questionable. (Does this mean I need to upgrade to HD video?) You'll see Nomi is a handful, even at 22, but Faith keeps her cool.





In the end, Faith came away with two thirds, and a fifth. Not bad for her first official show, no lead lines. And, she's determined to do better next time. She also wants to start jumping more. Like this (yikes!):

Holly on Rocket

No comments:

Post a Comment