Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Stills: Shadows

The challenge this week was Shadows. This is a bit of a difficult challenge at this time of year, based on how early sunrise is, and how late sunset it, but I found a couple of shots to use. And I threw in one from the past that I particularly love.

This is the morning sunlight coming through the front upstairs windows, reflecting on the wall -- taken at about 6:00 am:

July 8, 2010

My lovely niece came to visit this weekend, and we got to babysit while her dad (my brother) cut down a tree at a friend's house. This was at breakfast, complete with bedhead. Pearl's name matches her disposition, and her beautiful round face, (corny but true):


Shadows + bed head

And, I couldn't resist this one, a blast from the past, but one of my all time favourite portraits. It's of my Dad very early in the morning when he brought us out to see a new colt. The morning light was perfect, and we were standing beside an open barn door:

Dad 2

5 comments:

  1. Those are all lovely photos; the one of your dad is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the picture your mom/dad have framed in their kitchen? Thats great! I had no idea you took that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent portrait photos especially the one of your niece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two portraits are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:46 AM

    Amazing shadow!! and the portaits are juz wow!!

    ReplyDelete