Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First day of grade one


First day of grade one (1)
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
I dropped Faith off this morning for her first day of grade one...her very first day of all-day school. She was very excited about everything from making her own lunch, to picking out her clothes, to getting her own desk at school.

When she found out she was going to get her own desk, she yelled, "I'm so excited!" What a change from JK and SK!

She hasn't comprehended yet that she actually has to do work at school, I think.

When we got to school, it was a swarm of parents and kids waiting by the grade one door. We got to meet her teacher, Mrs. Witherspoon, and Faith even talked to her! Then, when the bell rang, we all trooped inside to see the kids' cubbies and classrooms. Faith's new desk is really a round table where she's sitting with her friend, and two other boys (which I'm sure I'll hear about when she gets home).

So, the first day has been a success so far. We'll see what she has to say when she gets home.

No comments: