Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First day of grade one....continued

We can safely say that the first day of grade one was a success. I picked up Faith from school today and was met with a very happy kid. She didn't stop talking from the time I picked her up until we walked in the front door. The summary is as follows:

"We had two lunches, but they're too short to eat all your food."
"We got to go outside for recess. The grade 1,2,3s get to play on the play equipment only in the first recess. The older kids get to play on the second recess." (This is grossly unfair, apparently.)
"There are lots of rules in Grade 1. You have to ask to get out of your seat!"
"I'm sitting with all people I know."
"Grade one isn't very good because we didn't do math today and didn't get any homework." (I almost wanted to check her temperature after this comment.)
"I met a girl who got lost in a cornfield." (What?)

Anyway, she was very excited still and is looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. And, she is still very gung-ho about making her lunch, which she did with George after her favourite supper of "plain noodles and salad".

The grade one adventure has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment