Thursday, June 10, 2010

Exciting beginnings

Faith is gradually bringing home various papers and tests this week as her teacher cleans out the classroom for the end of the year. She just got through grade 3 testing, which, she was a little worried about until after the first day. I asked her how it went and she described the three hours of testing as "easy". Plus, they got to watch a movie each day after the testing. All in all, not a bad deal.

Today she brought home a worksheet entitled "Exciting Beginnings". Her task was to write a great beginning sentence for a series of topic sentences. My two favourites:

1. My biggest hero
"I was really sad one day then I heard a beautiful sound so I walked downstairs and I saw JUSTIN BIEBER singing Never let go and I was happy again."

2. The worst present I ever got
"The worst present I ever got was a math book. My parents actually thought I was going to study on my birthday."
No, we didn't give her a math book for her birthday. Yes, she does have Justin Bieber songs on her IPod. Not sure what this says about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment