Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Stills: History

For the challenge this week, History, it took me a little bit to figure out what I was going to snap, so it's quite a mixed bag.

The first one is actually my "laptop desk". This is an old buffet that we inherited from George's grandmother. I love the look of the wood, and the details on it. It's part of a set that we have sprinkled around the house.

June 22, 2010

I was just guessing how old this barn is, but it seems to fit the bill of being more than 60 years old. It's the back of the stable where my daughter rides. They've grafted a new building on the front, but the back is where the interesting bits are.


Back of the barn

This next place is definitely more than 60 years old. It's one of the original buildings in our downtown, which dates back to the 1800s. They're in the middle of a renovation on the place, including all new windows. It's nice to see a little bit of history being revitalized.


Old Commercial House

Finally, this is a close-up on the doll that my daughter inherited from a cousin in England. It is from the late 1800s, is in amazing shape, and has quite a history.


June 26, 2010




9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!

    If you look for a doll club in your area they can direct you so someone who could clean up the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Very nice choices, especially the china doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats an amazing old doll there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the angles in your shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love old furniture and old buildings. The barn is great, but I love the angle of the shot of the old town building. I'm glad it is being renovated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great angles on these shots. I love the old barn, and the macro doll lace.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shots, like the story about the doll too. Very nice photo of the hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Great shots, the doll is so special.

    ReplyDelete