Saturday, October 17, 2009

October 17, 2009


October 17, 2009
Originally uploaded by Robin's Nest3
This one's from the cameraphone, and was interesting for a few reasons:

1) I took it in the parking lot of Walmart.
2) I actually walked up to a complete stranger and asked if I could take her picture. (I do this in my head a lot, but it was the first time I put myself out there.)
3) She was dressed up for what she called "Moan New Year". (NOTE: I found out later this is Hmong New Year.) Instead of being smart and asking her what this was, I went along my way figuring I could google it. Alas, google failed me! The closest thing I could find was about a Ta Moan Thom Complex on the border of Thailand and Cambodia. I will keep looking.
4) My cameraphone takes semi-decent shots! Yes, I punched up the colors so you could get the true feel of her dress (and those are beaded fringes around the whole dress and hat).
5) I could have taken about 50 more pictures of her and her family, including her matching purple, pink, green high heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment